Pages - Menu

Thursday, June 20, 2013

WTFasana Challenge Update: I haven't gone to yoga.

Since Jillian checked in and expressed how her challenge was going 3,000 miles away, I thought that it was only fair I did the same.  However, for every class Jillian has taken, I have taken... zero.  That's right.  Look at me, I come up with this whole challenge and make a big deal out of it and still have yet to take a yoga class.  I could sit here and list all the excuses (most valid, a few questionable) but at the end of the day, that's what they are - excuses.  I can acknowledge them, and move onwards, and that is what I'm going to do.  (In case anyone was curious, some of the excuses are, but not limited to, being at my boss' house all day while construction is happening, having a weekend chock full of plans with no wiggle room, etc.)

I will say that even though I have yet to make it to a class (I have one on the books for tonight, one on Saturday and TWO on Sunday, I hope) I have still maintained a level of consistent exercise.  C and I have tried each night to walk a brisk 2 miles, and have done so for about a little over a month now, and let me tell you - I can feel a difference in my energy level, even if it's a slight one.  Even on Saturday at Disneyland, we lasted way longer on our feet before needing a break than ever before, and I chalk all of that up to the consistent walking we're doing.  If my energy is improving just for walking 2 miles a night, I can only imagine how much it'll improve after doing yoga 5 times a week!  (I may also alternatively find myself crazy tired and in bed at 9 pm.  Which oddly sounds really nice right now.)

*Side note: Jillian is currently spending 3 days at the rockin' Wanderlust festival in Vermont.  Jealous?  Yes.  Go cheer her on!

No comments:

Post a Comment