Pages - Menu

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Return on investment

My yoga studio has a program called the 100 Exclusive, which offers some pretty amazing deals for the first 100 students to sign up.  I had been eyeing the deal of $75 a month for unlimited yoga since my first week at the studio, but kept debating.  At the time, I had just bought a month unlimited and was unsure of whether it would even pay for itself. (I don't know if you've figured it out yet, but I tend to be non-committal to certain things...)

Anyway, my month ran up last week and I spent the next 7 days going back and forth.  Although it may not seem like a lot, right now, $75 is an investment for me financially.  It's 3 nights out to eat; its 3 movies (ugh, I hate even saying that); its chairs for our neglected balcony; its 3/4ths of a day at Disneyland.  I've been trying to be better about "impulse" shopping, and allowing myself to sleep on something before buying it, regardless of what it is.  I slept on this for SEVEN days.  SEVEN!

I finally decided that I was going to let the universe guide me with this.  I was in desperate need of some restorative, so I made a plan that I'd go to restorative Tuesday night, and on my way in, inquire about the $75 deal.  If it was available, I'd sign up.  If it wasn't, I'd buy a series (way less of a deal) and chalk it up to the fact that the universe did not deem me ready.

The owner was actually working the desk when I arrived, and I introduced myself.  I asked about the deal, and he said there was just a few spots left.  I immediately signed up, and we began talking about the studio.  I mentioned that financials are all relative, but $75 a month is definitely an investment on my end, but I felt really good about it, and I was committing.  He gave me a high five and said, "you are going to see a return on this investment throughout everything in your life."  And it is 100% true.  It may not be instantaneous, and it may take practice (after all, that's what yoga is) but it will certainly come back to me in ways I probably can't even imagine.  That's what an investment is after all, right?  Something you will see results from weeks, months or years down the road.

For $75 I'm on board to see just what those returns are.

No comments:

Post a Comment